Originally published at https://www.themuse.com/advice/11-smarter-ways-to-tackle-mondays-for-an-awesome-week.
11 Smarter Ways to Tackle Mondays for an Awesome Week
If you dread getting up bright and early and returning to the office every Monday morning, you’re not alone. Luckily, there are better ways to wake up, get energized, and set yourself up for a productive and exciting start to your week.
Here are 11 smarter ways to tackle that dreaded case of the Mondays. Trust me, you’ll be thanking yourself later.
- There are scientific reasons why that first day of the working week always feels terrible. So it’s not you; it’s Mondays. (Mental Floss)
- Brace yourself by taking extra measures on Sunday to set yourself up for success.(Fast Company)
- Groggy at the start of the week? Sleeping earlier the day beforehand could make a huge difference in your energy levels. (Sleep Foundation)
- Another way to get yourself psyched for the week is by listening to music. So put on your favorite playlists and get going! (BBC)
- It might feel impossible to get up early to go to the gym, but it’s one of the best things you can do to get energized at the start of the week. (Greatist)
- You could also ditch the exercise equipment and find some super foods to help you power through the day. (Madame Noire)
- If you find yourself hitting snooze a lot on Mondays, there are extra steps you can take to make sure you get up in time for work. (Lifehack)
- Spending a little too much time on social media and not enough time focused on your responsibilities? Maybe you need a technology detox. (Jason Does Stuff)
- Or take a page out of other successful people’s books: Do the hardest thing first to set the tone for a more manageable day. (Buffer)
- You can also move meetings later, email more carefully, or implement any other of these easy Monday fixes to get things rolling right. (Productivityist)
- Monday is what you make of it. So put some time in your weekend to setting it up to be as pain-free as possible. (The Daily Muse)